UNIVERSAL M U LTI-SERVICE ENCODER
The latest evolution of Harmonic’s market-leading Electra™ compression family, the Electra 9200 is a multi-channel, multi-service encoder in a compact, energy-efficient 1-RU chassis. Part of a complete video headend solution, the encoder supports main and secondary SD or HD channels of constant bitrate (CBR) or variable bitrate (VBR) video using either MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 AVC encoding. It offers high bandwidth efficiency and channel density—up to four audio/video input processing modules per chassis. Superior video quality merges with Harmonic intelligent function integration in the Electra 9200 to deliver a high-performance unit that helps increase efficiency while lowering service providers’ capital and operating expenses. Comprehensive features include integrated audio encoding tools, GbE networking, flexible internal video routing, and enhanced serviceability via removable power supplies, fan assembly, compression modules and processing cards.
Flexible Solution for Cable
The Electra 9200 incorporates proven Harmonic compression technology to support legacy CBR and VBR applications in both HD and SD MPEG-2 formats, and offers support for new IPTV-over-cable applications.
4:1 HD MPEG-2 for Cable
The Electra 9200 can encode up to four statistically multiplexed HD MPEG-2 services within a single chassis, all from HD-SDI, IP or ASI inputs. This feature gives cable operators a high-density, high-value solution that also delivers exceptional video compression performance.
• High-quality low-bitrate MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 AVC encoding of SD or HD video with Harmonic’s Hierarchical LookAhead and pre-processing technologies
• Optional dual independently compressed outputs per input
• Up to 8 broadcast services/32 multiscreen profiles per chassis
• Multiscreen mobile and web delivery with IDR-synchronized AVC transport streams
• Flexible internal video router feeds any audio/video processing module from any source
• Broadcast-grade up/down converter and deinterlacer
• Integrated statmux, or statmux over IP for LAN and WAN
• High-quality integrated decoding with FLEX® technology option
• 3DTV frame compatible
With standard audio processing, Electra 9200 supports embedded audio and can natively encode up to three stereo pairs (or a single multichannel encode) of MPEG-1 Layer II audio. Dolby® Digital (AC-3), Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC-3) and Dolby E audio can be passed through, and AC-3 and AAC/ HE-AAC encoding is available via firmware license. Optional audio input modules (AHC-RAC, IOM-RAC2) can extend Electra’s functionality and density to address a variety of audio processing scenarios, including transcoding from Dolby E sources or transcoding from AC-3 to E-AC-3.